Thursday, June 11, 2015

Garden's first colors

Purple, White, and Red-

                    Last week some volunteer radish appeared much to my surprise.  I didn't even have radish in the garden last year!  Today was a sunny 80 degrees.  Once I arrived home from work I rushed to my garden to see how all of my plant babies grew in this beautiful weather.  I was very surprised to see that one of the largest cabbage now has a purple tint on the tiny head.  One of the tallest sugar snap peas had a beautiful flower.  One whole row of pole beans shot up through the dark dirt!  I also harvested some of my salad bowl lettuce for dinner tonight.  Nothing hits the spot quite like tuna salad rolls with fresh lettuce.
Pole Beans
Sugar Snap Pea Flower
























I also have many flowers on my tomato plants.  Last year I was told by a friend to cut off the early flowers until the plant is much larger.  I decided to let the flowers be and to only trim certain stems.  The next few weeks will keep me very busy.  Tomorrow I need to tend to my cucumbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment