Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Breaking ground





Breaking ground- This is where my garden was last year.  Our yard is a little uneven so my husband had to use his John Deer tractor to make it nice and even.  Luckily, we were both off this past Wednesday so I was able to help him.

My father-in-law gave us all the lumber we needed to build the beds. We worked together for hours banging the stakes into the dirt, placing the boards on the ground, nailing pieces together. 

The final beds are 16'x 5' and 16'x6'.  The bottom of the photo is where where our deck begins.  We are going to put crushed stone down around the beds.  I will be able to easily drive a tractor around the beds which will help me with pulling weeds!  We had garden ready loam delivered this week. Since I am off this weekend I am hoping for nice weather to plant my seeds.  If all goes well I will have another posting on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Love it sis! It looks really good... can't wait to see the completed project soon. Hopefully there will be lots of vegetable production and lots of yummy salads to be eaten! Just keep the dogles out of the garden :)
    PS I was your first post :)

    ReplyDelete